The calendar swings around and several Railroad Prototype Modeler meets are on the horizon. Regular readers know I bang the drum for these events. Each meet offers a winning combination of prototype information, modeling techniques, and networking among other prototype modelers. I look forward to attending an RPM meet each year.
Here are the upcoming events for the next few months. I will be a speaker at the Valley Forge RPM event and look forward to seeing many friends.
- Railroad Modeler’s Retreat in Plymouth, MN (metro-Minneapolis) – February 26 & 27, 2016
- RPM Valley Forge in Malvern, PA – March 18 – 20, 2016
- Savannah Prototype Modeler’s Meet in Savannah, GA – April 1 & 2, 2016
- Toronto Railway Prototype Modellers in Toronto, Canada – April 9, 2016
- Central Ohio RPM in Marion, OH – April 28 – 30, 2016
- Western Prototype Modelers in San Bernadino, CA – April 30, 2016
- New England/Northeast RPM in Enfield, CT – June 3 & 4, 2016
- Bay Area Prototype Modelers in Richmond, CA – June 18, 2016
Another event of note is not strictly an RPM event but has many common elements. There will be a couple of prototype presentations and many of the operating layouts follow prototype practices at this Oklahoma event.
2016 Layout Design and Operations Weekend in Tulsa, OK – March 18-20, 2016
Start marking up your calendar and choosing the models you want to take along for the display rooms. These RPM meets will inspire you and recharge your batteries to tackle new projects. I hope to see a few readers at the Valley Forge event!