I’ve been moving a few models forward on the production line. A pair of Nickel Plate Road wood gondolas have been decaled. With momentum on my side, I was excited to decal a pair of Funaro & Camerlengo PRR GR gondolas next. They are in the lead image, all painted and ready for decals.
I was about to start cutting up the sheet of custom decals when I noticed something amiss. Why weren’t things lining up where they are supposed to go?
Sheesh….. I installed the side stake brackets in the wrong panels and the decals would not fit. See the vertical lines in the photo that line up the side stake brackets on the prototype and the model. The failure was repeated on both sides of both models.
Just a suggestion to pay attention when you let the prototype be your guide.
Removing the brackets wasn’t difficult. They are above the car in this photo. I used a single-edge razor blade to pop them free and to scrape the areas flat. Now to touch up these spots with paint then gloss so decals can be applied. I might install the brackets after the decals are in place, then touch those up with the freight car color.
This hobby sure is fun.
Thank you for visiting my blog. You can share a comment in the section below. Follow the instructions so your comment can be posted. All comments are reviewed and approved before they appear. Please share the blog link with other model railroaders. To subscribe to this blog, add your email address to the function at the bottom of the right column on the main page.