After wrapping up the Westerfield Models B&O M-15b and M-15d boxcar kits, it’s time for something new. Like many modelers, I am not lacking for a new project.Continue reading “What’s Next?”
Contact cement has been used as an adhesive for decades. One of the most common is rubber cement. I recall using rubber cement to assemble plastic dinosaur models in the late 1960s. The eight-year-old modeler did not do a neat job at all. Walthers Goo and Ambroid cements are also contact cements. I had poor experiences with those when assembling models in the 1980s. In each case, I don’t think I was using the adhesives properly.Continue reading “Contact cement”
Several tasks have been keeping me away from regular blog posts but I am progressing with the two Westerfield Models B&O M-15 boxcar kits. After installing most of the brake components, I noticed something on the bottom of the side sill. Naturally, I became curious.Continue reading “Little details”
I’ve been trying to write this blog post for a few weeks. You know how things get delayed. A few things come out of the blue and less important tasks — like this blog — gets put on hold. As soon as I catch up, a couple more issues arise. I feel like I’m on a treadmill that won’t turn off.Continue reading “Slow orders”
I picked up a drill press stand for my vintage 1970s era Dremel Moto-Tool a couple of months ago. I found one at a decent price on EBay and bought it to do a better job on the bolster holes. I had used the Dremel for this task previously in a free-hand mode, but some holes were drilled at a slight angle introducing a slight lean to completed models. I needed to do better.