The middle Tennessee weather has been warming over the last few weeks, although winter’s grip can be seen on a few mornings when the frost must be scraped from the car windshields. I’ve cut the lawn a few times already and that has given me time to ponder the garage upgrade for the new hobby space. That’s the garage in the above image; my future hobby haven.
It’s going to be a few months before the garage is transformed into the new hobby space. Setting up a hobby work space in the garage makes no sense as it would need to be moved once remodeling starts. After some negotiating, I was able to use an alcove in the TV lounge above the garage for space. The lead image illustrates the appearance before some changes.
The daily schedule has been busier than usual and work has lagged on a few projects. I just added additional detail to the hopper featured in the last post. I met Jack Spencer in 2005 and he explained how he creates and installs details made from Mylar. I’ve wanted to experiment ever since. I figured this project would make a good introduction for Mylar brake platform bracing. The retainer valve and retainer line were added before the brake platform was installed. I need to install the KD brake components on the underframe next.
The last blog post reviewed the new layout lighting that has improved the general room environment. Back in April, the workbench lighting was upgraded and I just didn’t get around to posting the details. Since it ties in well with last week, let’s take a look at the workbench lighting.