I’ve just spent much of my morning on a special resin kit a friend has created. The sides and ends were glued into a box yesterday and I wanted to complete the brake hardware on the underframe today. I’ve been excited to push this model along so it will be ready for display at the upcoming RPM Chicagoland event.
I’ve installed brake hardware and this underframe was straightforward. I started right in and made a couple of mounting brackets for the Tichy KC brake hardware. Then the brake hangers, rods, and levers were installed. After the glue dried and excess wire snipped away, the underframe was fit into the bottom of the car body. I sat back in my chair and snapped the above photo then realized I had made a horrible mistake. It’s that moment when your heart sinks and happiness has gone away.
Yep, I mounted the KC brake components on the wrong side of the centersill. Welcome to my Friday the 13th. I think I’ll go mow the lawn.
Thanks for dropping by and reading the blog. Share a comment in the section below. Please follow the instructions so your comment can be posted. All comments are reviewed and approved before they appear. To subscribe to this blog, enter your info for a comment and check the last box to notify of new posts by email. Please share the blog link with other model railroaders.